Volunteers at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania help to provide services to patients and caregivers from all over the world in one of the nation's leading academic medical centers. Our volunteers play an important role in patient satisfaction and offer an added dimension of personal service to our patients and caregivers. We appreciate and value each and every volunteer's generous gift of time and talent.
What would make a good volunteer?
- Sincere interest in people and helping others
- Maturity and willingness to adhere to hospital policies and procedures
- Professional and positive attitude toward staff, patients and visitors
- Commitment to adhere to chosen schedule
What is required?
- Commitment to the requested hours and schedule of your chosen assignment
- Application, background check, immunization/vaccination records
- Orientation prior to start date
What is offered?
- A meaningful work experience
- An opportunity to meet new people and make new friends
- Annual volunteer appreciation and acknowledgement
- Free parking during your volunteer service
- Free hospital café voucher during your volunteer service
What do we not provide?
- Shadowing opportunities
- Reimbursement for costs associated with the volunteer application process
- Technical institute externships such as Medical Office Assistant/Billing, Phlebotomy, Coding, or any other clinical/business externship