Quay thử miền nam hôm nayBreast cancer care is always changing and improving. As researchers uncover new ways to detect, diagnose and treat cancer, treatments become more precise and personalized.
At the Abramson Cancer Center, our oncologists engage in breast cancer research and understand how investigational therapies may work as part of your treatment plan. Through our wide range of clinical trials, you have access to new medications and promising treatments.
Find a .
Breast Cancer Clinical Trials: The Abramson Cancer Center Advantage
Our clinical trial program combines leading-edge treatments with patient-centered care. Our large portfolio of clinical trials gives you increased options not offered by standard treatments.
When you participate in a clinical trial at the Abramson Cancer Center, you'll find:
- Clinical trials close to home: Some clinical trials allow you to participate from any Penn Medicine location. Our breast cancer specialists and researchers collaborate across the network to ensure you receive the best care possible, no matter where you live.
- Personalized support: Our specialized nurses guide you during trial enrollment and throughout your participation. We set you up to succeed.
- Leaders in targeted therapy: We led the development of PARP and CDK4/6 inhibitors, which are now FDA-approved, standard treatment for some breast cancers. Our research and trials continue to advance targeted therapy for breast cancer.
- Trials specific to breast cancer genetics: If you have a high risk of breast cancer, the offers unique access to .
- Innovation for recurrent breast cancer: If you've finished breast cancer treatment, our 2-PREVENT Breast Cancer Translational Center of Excellence (TCE) uses clinical trials to improve recurrent cancer cell detection, genomic testing and screening.
How Our Clinical Trials Affect Your Breast Cancer Treatment
We know that one size does not fit all when it comes to breast cancer treatment. That's why we look at every option to personalize treatment to your breast cancer diagnosis.
Our physicians have a deep understanding of which treatments are proven and what therapies are on the horizon. We'll talk with you about all your treatment options, including investigational treatments available through our clinical trial program, such as:
When you participate in a clinical trial at the Abramson Cancer Center, you benefit from our team approach. Whenever possible, your primary oncologist will continue to manage your care, even if they are outside the Penn Medicine network. Our research team and your primary oncologist collaborate to give you the support you need during your treatment.
What to Expect When Participating in Our Clinical Trials
The idea of joining a clinical trial may seem overwhelming, especially if you've just received a breast cancer diagnosis. That's why we offer support every step of the way. From the initial enrollment process to managing ongoing appointments, you'll have all the support and guidance you need.
Joining a Cancer Clinical Trial
Finding an appropriate trial is important. It should fit your stage of breast cancerQuay thử miền nam hôm nay as well as your lifestyle. We offer clinical trials that study every aspect of breast cancer care, including:
Our clinical trial nurse navigator will answer your questions and guide you through the enrollment process. If you are not currently an Abramson Cancer Center patient, our navigator will work with you to identify appropriate cancer clinical trials and arrange a visit to Penn Medicine. Learn more about the types of clinical trials we offer.
Support During Your Oncology Clinical Trial
During your trial, you'll work with a specialized research nurse. The support provided by your research nurse includes:
- Working with the research team to understand how the trial works
- Coordinating your trial-related appointments
- Educating you about possible side effects
- Guiding you in proper trial protocol and procedures
- Communicating with your oncology and research team about your progress on the trial
To manage any side effects during your participation, you’ll also have access to the support services we offer to all our breast cancer patients. Read frequently asked questions about participating in clinical trials at the Abramson Cancer Center.